ENGLISH-TEACHING RESOURCES

ЖЖ♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥♣♦♠♥ЖЖ

Verb "To Can"

Hello, Everyone!!!





Now, I´m going to teach you 
the verb "To Can".

We use CAN to say that something is 
possible or that someone has
the ability to do something.





VERB “TO CAN”
This is the way the verb “to can” is conjugated,

and the way you can make sentences.

AFFIRMATIVE
NEGATIVE
INTERROGATIVE
SUBJECT  +  CAN  +  INFINITIVE VERB  +  COMPLEMENTS
I











CAN






I










CAN´T

(CAN NOT)

CAN I …










…?
YOU
YOU
CAN YOU …
HE
HE
CAN HE …
SHE
SHE
CAN SHE …
IT
IT
CAN IT …
WE
WE
CAN WE …
YOU
YOU
CAN YOU …
THEY
THEY
CAN THEY …
SHORT ANSWERS
Yes, I can.
...
Yes, he can.
Yes, they can.

No, I can´t.
No, he can´t.
No, they can´t.










Examples

I can play the drums.

She can drive a car.

Can you open the door? Yes, I can.

Can he speak french? No, he can´t.

They can´t go to the cinema.






BE ABLE TO is possible instead of CAN,
but CAN is more usual. 










This is the way the verb "to can" 
is used in English language.


POSITIVE FORM




NEGATIVE FORM



QUESTION FORM



SHORT ANSWERS FORM






Read and complete the sentences.
Drag and drop the right verb word.













OTHER ARCHIVES FOR YOU